Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Ummm, Chapter 1?

So I started. Read chapt . . . letter 1 from Juliet. Isn't she perky. Back in a moment. I'm back. After a few letters, and I think she uses the term herself, and rightfully so, I think Juliet is snarky and so far, I don't like her. She thinks herself witty. She thinks high of herself. That's my current assessment. At least she likes books.

Oh, and Dawsey has introduced the title. Going to find out about that soon . . . okay, nothing yet, just Juliet's trip around England.

Have you noticed that letter writing is foreign to us. Blogs are familiar, letters are foreign. Pen pals are non existent. I read these letters and think of the time one might spend in writing them. And the eloquence, the use of vocabulary and extensive sentence structure, the length . . . eek! Give me a youth now that could sustain letter writing over any number of days and I'll pay you handsomely. I wonder if the author has plans to write, or should I say, tweet a novel . . .

Speaking of writing, I haven't sworn off the book yet, so it must be somewhat engaging, but the plot escapes me for now . . . we'll see

Lance

1 comment:

  1. It took me some time (and about 100 pages) to get into this book. But in the end, I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete